Shift: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Status: Regular Full-time
In your role as a Customer Service Coordinator at The North West Company (NWC); you will act as a liaison between Operations, Logistics and carriers to ensure freight is planned and moved accordingly to store requirements. You will be responsible to manage Customer Service Specialists to ensure all StoreConnect tickets and claims are resolved within Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Communicate with P&M, NWC Distribution, carriers and store operations to coordinate delivery of product within SLA and budget;
- Communicate with local handlers to ensure performance is within SLA. Resolve or escalate any issues related to performance or equipment;
- Provide Tier Two StoreConnect support;
- Provide monthly reporting on StoreConnect tickets and work with manager to identify systemic issues;
- Identify all latent freight at all distribution centers and carrier hubs and the plan to move the freight;
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses as defined by the Manager Customer, Customer Service;
- Provide training, coaching and performance management for Customer Service Specialists; and,
- Drives continuous improvement through auditing carrier and hub performance.
Location: Winnipeg Logistics Services Centre, 100 Murray Park Road, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Manager, Logistics Customer Service
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in cargo operations;
- Previous experience working with the Oracle Transportation Management System would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word;
- An understanding of TNWC transportation network and the variety of transportation modes used would be an asset;
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and assignments;
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills are essential;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers; and
- Role requires a high degree of curiosity, discovery, and willingness to work through complex scenarios with multiple technical systems.
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
For Internal Applicants only:
Interested internal applicants are invited to apply directly on the website no later than 4:00 P.M, Friday, March 17, 2023. Internal applicants must select “Yes” as the answer to “Are you currently employed by The North West Company or any of its subsidiaries?” during the application process.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor. This opportunity adheres to the distribution job posting guidelines.