Status: Regular Full-time
The Department Manager, Inbound is accountable for managing all inbound traffic for all commodities received within the WLSC for all of the departments, including all billing and administration for inbound operations.
Joining The North West Company (NWC) gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Accountable for managing WLSC inbound traffic for all commodities;
- Liaise with third party supplier(s) the individual is responsible for the management of all yard shunt services and city pick up & delivery;
- Manage and maintain relationships with key third party suppliers;
- Manage all Congebec deliveries to WLSC. Ensure Congebec has Trailers in doors for loading.
- Monitor payroll budget versus actual payroll spend through Man Power plan;
- Ensuring staff schedules are maintained that meet the changing needs of the business;
- Ensure that all staff are working in an environment that encourages safe work practice and habits;
- Maintain positive communications with all employees and ensure that they are informed and following company policies;
- Ensure that employees are trained & cross trained where warranted;
- With assistance of HR representatives assist in the recruitment and interviewing processes;
- Manage departmental productivity to meet & exceed business performance goals;
- Manage departmental time & attendance and handle all disciplinary issues within the Inbound Team;
- Accountable for being an active and engaged member of the WLSC Senior Management Team;
Reports to: Manager,Dock Operations
Location: Winnipeg Logistics Service Centre, 100 Murray Park Road.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience with the Norwest Company or similar experience;
- Minimum 8 years of Inbound, Shipping and Traffic warehouse supervisory experience;
- Minimum grade 12 – post secondary education preferred, CITT /PLog designation;
- Equipment certification(s);
- Warehouse management system, Red Prairie and Work force management application experience and working understanding;
- General understanding of warehouse functions and logistics;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products, Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Effective leadership training and strong conflict resolution skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and problem solve;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For Internal Applicants Only:
Salary Grade: C0R008
Interested internal applicants are invited to apply directly on the website no later than 4:00 P.M, Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Internal applicants must select “Yes” as the answer to “Are you currently employed by The North West Company or any of its subsidiaries?” during the application process.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor. This opportunity adheres to the Distribution job posting guidelines.